WasteEng2020 will be held in a VIRTUAL MODE from May 31 to June 4, 2021, with LIVE INTERACTIVE SESSIONS AND DISCUSSIONS ONLY opened to REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS. Click here to access the Whova platform, and enter the email address you used to register. Two tools will be used: Whova © and Zoom ©.
- Whova © is an interactive application adapted for computer and mobile devices (Android, IOS) which will allow to:
- View the conference programme and draw your own schedule.
- Access to sessions, livestream (Zoom ©) and videos (pre-recorded presentations) and participate to the Q&A session.
- Directly contact the conference organisation and/or participants.
- Set up virtual « face-to-face » meetings with your fellow attendees.
- Create and chat in various topic discussions forum.
- Zoom © will be used for live sessions. Each live and interactive session will be designed as a « face-to-face » event including the pre-recorded presentations and live Q&A sessions.
- When accessing to Whova?: Whova platform will be opened at least one week before the conference. A dedicated procedure to install and to fill your profile will be available once the platform is opened. You should be registered to the conference to access the platform.
- Whova functions: the Whova platform will allow you to directly contact the conference organisation and/or participants, set up virtual « face-to-face » meetings with your fellow attendees, create and chat in various topic discussions forum.
- Programme schedule: the Whova platform will allow you to have access to the programme and design your agenda over the five days. Videos of the presentations (oral and poster) and Q&A Zoom sessions will be available 5 min before the scheduled time.
- Poster session: poster session will only be available on Whova with full time exposure during the conference (no live sessions). Participants will be able to view the 3 min video and the PDF file of the poster into the agenda. Then, they will be able to ask written questions via the chat.
- Your paper(s): A paper (sub-session) will appear in the agenda as follows: Scheduled time + title + speaker. Your uploaded bio and picture will be available there. A link to your recorded presentation will be made available through a private Vimeo-channel.
- The virtual WHOVA platform will remain available 6 months after the conference
LIVE SESSIONS WITH ZOOM
- When accessing to Zoom?: Zoom is only dedicated to live sessions (from May 31 to June 4, 2021). Live sessions corresponds to Plenary, Keynote, Oral and Oral Flash sessions in the programme.
- Q&A sessions in live sessions: there will be one Zoom-Q&A meeting per Oral session scheduled at the end of session. The Q&A duration for each presentation will be of 5 min for plenary and keynote presentations; 3 min for oral presentation; and 2 min for oral flash presentation. The questions will be addressed by the session chair to the speaker.
- Speakers scheduled for live sessions: the speakers should be connected during their presentations at the virtual session. It is highly recommended that the speakers have their pptx presentations available in case needed to answer specific question from the audience.